Friday, August 27, 2010

Whats in a Name

In 9 days I will be on the plane to ITALY.

This is worth mentioning because it is the title of this travel blog, because I am absolutely thrilled to go to Italy and because I am ready to move to my home and unpack!

Point one- Travel Blog
This blog shall try to keep up with my business and traveling. I love traveling and may not be able to keep this too up to date, but It's to let you all, wherever yu may be - track my adventures. There are only so many things I can say in skype or emails or postcards.

Point Two- Italy .
About 7 years ago I went to Italy, Austria and Germany on spring break vacation accompanied by my amazing parents. The opportunity was divine and I remember spaghetti gelato ( gelato that is created in its entirety to look like a bowl of spaghetti), the trevi fountain, spanish steps, Florence, eating gelato every day and ridiculous tourist kiosks. I am beyond excited to return and though I'm not expecting much to be the same, I am looking forward to indulging in my favorite food in the whole world, study where Dante studied ( I am on chapter 3 iN ITALIAN of Dante's Inferno) and most of all, start practicing my italian!

Point Three-
If you really think about, I'm moving for a year and have been in "transit" for about a month now, staying at my friends house. Before that, I was at my brothers place ( thanks again, Bro!) for about 3 months. All this time I have been living out of suitcases, constantly repacking. I am thrilled to have a closet, and a bed I can start calling my own.

And of course the title of this blog post HAD to be Shakespearean, to comment on the fact that I will SOON BE STARING MY "Year In Italy". I'm only surprised it took me this long to mention good old Will Shakespeare.

So, now to explain this spaghetti gelato: it is vanilla gelato shaped like linguine, with large strawberries ( aka the meatballs), strawberry sauce ( Bolognese if you will) and coconut ( parmesan). It is divine to look at and consume and to remember and now I dread thinking about this, because It's getting close to midnight and I'm contemplating a snack.
This photo barely does the gelato justice:


No comments:

Post a Comment